When you are looking for a veterinary care clinic you should be able to count on superior care and excellent service. At Pet Wellness On Wheels we have an experienced veterinarian who cares about you and your pets. Check out our calendar to see when we will be in your area! Or, call to schedule a house-call visit so we can care for your pets in the comfort of their own home.
At least once a year your pet should get a check-up by a veterinarian. This will include a full physical exam. Dr. Amberlee Cobler will check the health of your pet from head to tail, and you will be very happy you came to Pet Wellness On Wheels for a visit.
Bring in any medical history you have of your pet when you come to our vet clinic. It’s best to keep a journal of your pet’s health throughout his or her life, including behavioral shifts. If you have something like this, share it with our team. If not, let us know everything that you think will be important. Dr. Cobler can work with whatever information you have.
In some circumstances, Dr. Cobler will refer you to a specialist who has advanced expertise in areas such as internal medicine or surgery.
How You Can Help Improve Your Pets Veterinary Visit
It is our goal to provided necessary care for our canine and feline patients. However, not every pet is excited to come see the veterinarian. Here are some helpful tips to make the visit easier for all involved!
- Bring your pet in hungry! The fastest way for our staff to make friends with your pet is by giving them a treat! You can bring their favorite treat from home too, but allow the veterinarian or technician to give the treat to your pet!
- Make the carrier part of the normal home environment – not a scary, dark box they only see when something bad is coming!
- Use feline pheromone wipes inside the carrier before putting your cat friend inside the box! These can be picked up from us in advance of your visit or at a local pet supply store.
- Play calming music in the car (classical?) and drive carefully! Many of our pets get nervous in the car or car sick!
- Fill out your new patient forms in advance so your pet has less time to wait!
- Some patients are more at ease away from their owner or the children in the family! If the doctor or technician recommend you and your family leave the pet with us for a few minutes we are doing this in an effort to help your pet. We did not dedicate our lives to harming any of our patients just because you are away. If you have concerns, please voice them to the team!
- If you know ahead of time that your pet is going to be extremely scared/anxious call us! We can provide a premedication for you to administer at home that may make the visit better for all involved.
- We do reserve the right to decline service to any patient who is too aggressive to handle that day. If you feel your pet will need special handling, please let us know ahead of time.
- And most important – Remain Calm! Your pet can sense your stress and anxiety so come in happy and as stress free as possible. We want this to be a great visit for everyone!